Intravenous Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) Infusions
- H2O2 Is a molecule of water with an extra atom of oxygen attached, occurring throughout nature and produced by almost every cell in the human body, for many different physiological reasons.
- When H202 is taken into the body intravenously, the oxygen content of the blood and body tissues increases dramatically. This is due partly to the extra oxygen molecule being released but also due to HO2 stimulating enzyme systems throughout the body. This triggers an increase in the metabolic rate, causes small arteries to dilate and increase blood flow, enhances the body’s distribution and consumption of oxygen and raises body temperature
- Hydrogen peroxide is produced by all cells of the body for many different physiological reasons. White Blood Cells produce H2O2 as a first line of defense against bacteria, yeast, virus, parasites, and most fungi.
- It occurs naturally in fresh fruits and vegetables, some coming from rain and some manufactured during photosynthesis.
- Hydrogen peroxide is also found in mother’s milk, with an especially high concentration in colostrum (the first milk secreted, right after birth).
- Is involved in protein, carbohydrate and fat metabolism, immunity, vitamin and mineral metabolism.
- Its ability to oxidize almost any physiological substance has led to its therapeutic value.
- Hydrogen peroxide’s ability to kill bacteria in the human body has been well documented and it has been widely used in medicine since the early part of the 19th century. Many bacterial diseases, including syphilis, responded to H2O2 when no other treatment was effective. In the early twentieth century H2O2 was used to treat several common diseases, such as typhoid fever, cholera, ulcers, asthma, whooping cough, and tuberculosis. Intravenous infusion was used successfully to treat pneumonia in the epidemic following World War I.
- Drugstore variety of H2O2 should never be used internally, because of the chemicals it contains as stabilizers.
- Side effects and toxicity: The use of intravenous infusions of hydrogen peroxide has been shown to be safe without serious side effects. A stinging or burning sensation can occur at the infusion site.
Conditions which can benefit from IV H2O2 Infusions as administered at LotusRain naturopathic Clinic in San Diego:
Viral and Bacterial Infections: H2O2 has been found to be a safe and effective antimicrobial and antiviral agent.
Candida albicans infections: Candida albicans is found naturally in the mouth, GI and urogenital tract of most healthy individuals. When immuno-compromised, it can cause mucosal infections (thrush) and infections of the blood and internal organs. Immune cells exploit reactive oxygen species (ROS) such as H2O2 to kill microbial pathogens, including candida.
Weight Loss and Overall Detoxification: At LotusRain we have many weight loss and detoxification programs which many patients add the Hydrogen Peroxide IVs to accelerate and enhance the efficacy.
Allergies, chronic Post Nasal Drip and chronic Urticaria
Intravenous H2O2 infusion and lung function: H2O2 has been found to have the ability to cleanse the inner lining of the lungs and restore the ability to breathe and thus can be beneficial in bacterial infections, emphysema and congestive lung problems. Within minutes oxygen from hydrogen peroxide bubbles up between the membrane lining the lungs sacs and the accumulated mucus. The peroxide clears the lung surface and destroys the bacterial infections.
Other Conditions: Allergies, Altitude Sickness, Alzheimer’s, Anemia, Arrhythmia Arthritis and joint pains, Asthma, Bronchitis, Cancer, Cardiovascular Disease, Chronic Pain, Diabetes Type II, Diabetic Retinopathy, Digestion Problems, Gangrene, Gingivitis, Food Allergies, Headaches, Herpes Simplex, Herpes Zoster, HIV Infection, Influenza, Insect bites, Liver Cirrhosis, Lupus Erythematosis, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson, Parasitic Infections, Periodontal Disease, Prostatitis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Shingles, Sinusitis, Sore Throat/Colds, Ulcers, Vascular Disease, Warts.