Why Naturopathic Doctor?
Why Choose a Naturopathic Doctor?
Naturopathic physicians are trained to provide primary care and/or naturopathic specialty care, with expertise in the use of integrative therapies and drug-nutrient – drug-herb interactions. Currently, naturopathic physicians practice in a wide range of in-patient and out-patient settings, such as the Cancer Treatment Centers of America, and frequently serve as expert advisors in the field of Complementary and Alternative Medicine. At the national level, they have played prominent roles in organizations such as The White House Commission on CAM, the advisory board for the National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM) and the Medicare Coverage Advisory Committee
Our philosophy of care centers on time, compassion, expertise and research. At LotusRain Naturopathic Clinic of San Diego, we know that the most valuable assets we can offer you are:
- time to listen
- compassion in understanding how your experience affects you
- expertise in developing a personalized wellness plan that is based on the best research
Through our deep commitment to understanding your unique set of health goals; we create a personal, realistic and effective Optimal Health Plan.
At our San Diego Naturopathic Clinic, we welcome people of all ages with a wide range of health concerns Including:
- Depression, Anxiety and Attention Deficit Disorders
- Thyroid Conditions
- Autoimmune Conditions: Arthritis, Lupus, MS
- Digestive Disorders: Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, GERD
- Skin Conditions: Acne, Eczema, Psoriasis
- Cardiovascular Conditions, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure
- Parkinson’s Disease and Multiple Sclerosis
- Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia
- Food and Environmental Allergies
- Women’s Health: Difficult Menopause, Premenstrual Syndrome, Endometriosis, Polycystic Ovaries
- Chronic Yeast Infections
- Men’s Health Concerns: Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy, Infertility, hormone insufficiency
- Weight Management and Optimal Aging Concerns
Naturopathic treatments can complement conventional medicine or be used effectively on their own. Naturopathic medicine is aimed at improving health and addressing illness in people of all ages through the use of natural therapies and medicines. It is the art, science, philosophy and practices of disease diagnosis and the treatment and prevention of illness.
Naturopathic medicine is distinguished by the principles that underlie and determine its practice. Methods are chosen upon the basis of patient individuality. Naturopathic physicians work to restore balance in a gentle and effective way, minimizing the potential for side effects. The aim of the naturopathic physician is always to respect and support the body’s ability to heal itself.
Much as in the training of a conventional allopathic doctor (MD) naturopathic physicians (ND) attend a four-year, graduate-level naturopathic medical school, after which they must pass North American board examinations to obtain a license to practice medicine. The training of a naturopathic doctor develops unique skills in conventional and natural medicine, and provides patients with a knowledgeable advocate who can help them make informed choices about their health.